Make a $10 Difference!
2011 marks Muncie Habitat's 25th anniversary of serving families in our community with 'a place to call home.'
In October of this year Muncie Habitat will build a home for its 100th family! Muncie Habitat is inviting the entire community to 'Make a $10 Dollar Difference'. In just one week (September 12-17), Muncie Habitat and local media outlets are launching a campaign to raise $50,000 through $10 donations from 5,000 people in our community.
You may also donate $10 by:
- Dropping off your donation at any MutualBank branch in Delaware County
- Dropping off your donation at locations where Muncie Habitat's traveling wall panel will be located during the week of September 12th.
Homeownership makes a difference in the lives of families. A decent place to live is the foundation for a better life.
- $10 can help break the cycle of poverty for a family now and for generations to come. In Delaware County alone, 23.5% of families are living in poverty.
- $10 can help a family improve their children's health and performance in school. Statistics show that children of homeowners are healthier and do better in school. 1 in 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty.
- $10 can give a family a sense of hope for their future. Pride in homeownership makes people 'walk a little taller' and provides a sense of personal empowerment. Habitat sees countless homeowners return to school or begin new training to improve their earning capacity.
- $10 can provide a 'hand up and not a hand out' to a family. Habitat's model supports homeowners with education and requires accountability. Habitat homeowners make a down payment, put in hours of sweat equity, and pay an interest free mortgage for their home.
- $10 can improve neighborhoods in our community. Homeowners take better care of the properties, pay property taxes, and serve as catalysts for neighborhood-wide improvements. Communities with high homeownership rates are often more attractive than neighborhoods with few homeowners.
Consider the importance of your home to you... your children.
Consider the impact that $10 can have in helping another family have 'a place to call home.'
Consider the impact that 5,000 people in this community can have on the lives of families who are dreaming of a safe, decent home of their own.
Consider 'Making a $10 Difference'!