Interfaith Build 2021
How it works
During this challenging and unprecedented time, Muncie Habitat for Humanity is working together with our community to build homes, unity, and hope. While Muncie is home to a diversity of opinions and beliefs, one thing we can all agree on is that everyone deserves a safe and decent place to call home.
Muncie Habitat for Humanity Interfaith Build is an opportunity to not only lay a physical foundation but also an emotional and mental foundation, for all faith groups, to come together as one, united for one common cause- HUMANITY. We are bringing together congregations and communities from a variety of traditions to volunteer, side-by-side, to build affordable homes for families in Muncie, IN. It will be a time of celebrating tolerance, cooperation, and love for one’s neighbor. Here is how it works:
- Congregations invite 10 members of your community to volunteer (no experience necessary, but must be at least 16 years old).
- Your group will choose one day to volunteer on the Habitat Interfaith Build site between June 4, 2021 and July 30, 2021.
- Your congregation will begin fundraising, or discussing financially supporting this build.
- Your group will come together to build, share lunch together and reflect on the many hands that help building a Habitat home.
- We will celebrate together after each team has volunteered their time, talents and funds towards the home!
- Contact us to learn how your community can reserve a spot and can help us build in unity!
Join us for an informational meeting on Thursday, May 13 at 5:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please attend this meeting to learn more about being involved with the 2021 Faith Build. Anyone is welcome to attend. For more information about Interfaith Build or to attend the informational meeting, contact Kristin Freehill, Volunteer Coordinator, at 765-286-5739 ext. 205 or email@example.com.
How can you help?
Do you want to put your faith into action, serve your community, and be a symbol of peace, tolerance, and unity? Join us!
Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kristin Freehill at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call (765) 286-5739 ext. 205
- More information is available here: Interfaith Build 2021