Apply for a House!
Thank you for your interest in applying for a loan to purchase a home with Greater Muncie, IN Habitat for Humanity.
PLEASE NOTE: The application period is currently closed, but you may join a waitlist that we will notify when the application re-opens.
Contact us at 765-286-5739 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Homeowner Selection Criteria:
A. You have a need for adequate housing.
- Current housing is inadequate or too expensive
- Unable to obtain a conventional mortgage
B. You have the ability to pay the Habitat mortgage.
- Steady income within the guidelines below
- No unpaid liens or judgments
C. You are willing to partner with Habitat.
Fulfill all partnership requirements for Habitat homeownership, such as:
- Complete sweat equity
- Participate in homeowner education classes
- Contribute down payment
- Live where Habitat is working
To apply for a Habitat home, the following family size and income guidelines must be met.
If your application is approved, the average time between submitting an application and closing on a mortgage with us is 12-14 months.
You will receive a Notice of Action Taken within 30 days of submitting your application. That notice will be one of the following:
- Notice of Incompleteness (additional information is needed from you)
- Informational Notice of Incompleteness (the affiliates needs more information internally)
- Adverse Action Notice (Denial)
- Notice of Pre-Approval/Partnership Agreement
Muncie Habitat for Humanity pledges to uphold the Fair Housing Act. This is a federal law that prohibits discrimination and intimidation of people in their homes. It covers virtually all housing in the United States and housing transactions, including the sale of housing and the provision of mortgage loans.