Apply for a House!
General Information about Applying with Habitat for Humanity
Thank you for your interest in applying for a loan to purchase a home with Greater Muncie, IN Habitat for Humanity. If your application is approved, the average time between submitting an application and closing on a mortgage with us is 12-14 months.
You will receive a Notice of Action Taken within 30 days of submitting your application. That notice will be one of the following:
- Notice of Incompleteness (additional information is needed from you)
- Informational Notice of Incompleteness (the affiliates needs more information internally)
- Adverse Action Notice (Denial)
- Notice of Pre-Approval/Partnership Agreement
Contact us at 765-286-5739 or email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Pick up an application at the Habitat office, Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. The Habitat office is located at 1923 S. Hoyt Ave., Muncie, Indiana.
Homeowner Selection Criteria:
A. You have a need for adequate housing.
- Current housing is inadequate or too expensive
- Unable to obtain a conventional mortgage
B. You have the ability to pay the Habitat mortgage.
- Steady income within the guidelines below
- No unpaid liens or judgments
C. You are willing to partner with Habitat.
Fulfill all partnership requirements for Habitat homeownership, such as:
- Complete sweat equity
- Participate in homeowner education classes
- Contribute down payment
- Live where Habitat is working
To apply for a Habitat home, the following family size and income guidelines must be met.