Awareness Build 2023
What is Awareness Build?
Media Uniting for Muncie Habitat
Our Awareness Build event provides advertisers and media outlets to take a proactive step in serving their communities and raising awareness for Habitat’s work. This August, local advertising and media affiliates will partner with Muncie Habitat to build a home for a local family in need of decent housing.
Awareness Build teams will pick a build date to work alongside one another on the home build site, while raising awareness and funds towards the home’s construction. No tools, skills, or experience needed! We have everything you need on-site for a fun and rewarding day of building a home.
Awareness Build 2023
In the case of Awareness Build, the teams who volunteer their time, energy, and talents also provide sponsorship for the house. There are TWO ways for our teams to help.
- Each Media/Advertising team does what they do best! Offer air-time or advertising services to your clients for a donation to Muncie Habitat. Ex: Bill’s Billiard’s hasn’t advertised with you in a while. You reach out to Bill, who will donate to Muncie Habitat and you will provide him with services in-kind. “Come down to Bill’s – Proud Sponsor of Muncie Habitat”
- Make a tax-deductible business donation! If you have charitable funds set aside, this is a great way to invest in the community! You can also host fundraising events, like a Jeans Day, where employees are encouraged to donate $5 to wear casual wear. We’re here to help with ideas!
The Awareness Build fundraising goal for 2023 is $20,000.
- Recruit team members, and commit your volunteer date by June 15th
- Choose a Friday or Saturday build day between August 11th and August 25th
- Decide your company’s financial pledge. All donations help fund the home!
- Build together on your build day! We will teach your group everything you need to know on the construction site, and there are a variety of tasks to accommodate all levels of skill and ability.
Are You Ready to Sign Up?
Do you want to put your expertise into action, serve your community, and learn new skills? Join us! Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kristin Freehill at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (765) 286-5739