Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore is a division of Greater Muncie Habitat for Humanity, Inc. The ReStore accepts donations of new or nearly new building supplies, furniture and tools from individuals, contractors and businesses. These materials are sold at the ReStore to the public and the proceeds are used by Habitat to build more Habitat homes.
Location & Hours
2620 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Muncie, IN 47303
Phone: (765) 288-1814
Donate Tues. - 9 AM to 2 PM and
Shop Wed. – Sat. 9 AM to 4 PM
If you have items you’d like to donate to the ReStore, you can drop them off Tuesdays from 9am to 2pm and Wednesdays through Saturdays from 9am to 4pm. If you need an item picked up, we can do that too! Just use our pick-up form here.
Who benefits from the ReStore?
The public who shop at the ReStore can save up to 75% off retail prices!
Donate new or slightly used building materials and help improve our community while receiving a tax deduction.
- The Community:
Proceeds from the ReStore help to build Habitat homes in our community.
- The Earth:
Whether you buy or donate materials, you are reducing the amount of usable building materials going to a landfill.
Frequently Asked Questions
”IsYes! Our store is open to the public.
”HowIf you have reusable good or new materials to donate, you can drop off your donation at the store Tuesday through Saturday between 9am and 2pm.
- Appliances: in good working condition
- Architectural Items: columns, mantels, posts
- Cabinets/Countertops: in good condition
- Doors: interior and exterior (no rot or cracks)
- Electrical: residential items only
- Fans: ceiling fans must have mounting hardware
- Flooring: tile, new carpet, wood, laminate (50 sq. ft. minimum)
- Furniture: wood or metal
- Hardware: complete sets, labeled boxes
- Insulation: new, usable quantities
- Lawn & Garden/Landscaping Materials
- Lighting: working, with all parts, residential only
- Lumber: framing, trim, pressure-treated plywood
- Paint/Stains/Wall Coverings: full containers
- Plumbing/Fixtures: sinks, tubs, faucets
- Roofing: new shingles, rolls, gutters
- Vents: floor, ceiling, return air
- Vinyl Siding/ Accessories
- Windows/Screens/Blinds: double pane only
”WillYes! Fill out our pick-up form here to schedule your items to be picked up.
”CanYes! Our store operates on volunteer power. Volunteer opportunities range from stocking shelves, pricing and organizing, to helping with donation pickups. Join our crew for work and fun, while improving our community. For more information on volunteering at the ReStore click here.
”HowBuilders, contractors, businesses and individuals are encouraged to donate usable materials that are left over after construction projects, as well as overstocked or discontinued store items. The ReStore provides an alternate and cost-effective means for disposal of items that would normally be thrown in the trash. Also, businesses can help by making financial donations, volunteering or sponsoring an event at the ReStore.