The Muncie Habitat for Humanity ReStore is seeking an organized, efficient, energetic, and personable individual for the position of Sales-Floor and backup Pick-Up Driver. The ReStore is a unique retail environment that sells new and used donated materials to the public. This is an opportunity for a retail professional who wants to apply his/her skills to help support a successful non-profit organization.
The Donation Pick-Up Driver is directly responsible for:
· Providing superior customer service and interacting positively with donors and customers.
· Assisting with the retail operation, including operating the cash register and making sales.
· Working with and supervising volunteers on projects throughout the ReStore and making it a fun environment for them to enjoy.
· Following and implementing daily direction and task to be completed.
· Following all store policies and procedures.
· This position reports to the ReStore Manager.
· Stocking, cleaning, pricing and shelving merchandise.
· Setting displays as directed.
· Backup truck driver to pick up donations from donors homes and businesses.
· Some supervision preferred.
· Someone looking to make a difference in people lives, helping them to gain future job experience.
· Minimum of three years of retail experience.
· Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record.
· Able to lift up to 50-100 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for long periods of time, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
· Superior customer service skills.
· Operate a cash register and handle credit card transactions with proficiency.
· Able to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
· Detailed oriented.
· Hands on merchandising.
· Execution with urgency.
· Paid holiday time.
· Paid vacation/personal time.
***Position is part-time (Work days Tuesday – Saturday) ~ SATURDAY required.