Position Description for Volunteer Assistant
Title: Volunteer Assistant
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
This is a high energy, relationship-based position that requires a genuine passion for Habitat for Humanity’s mission. This position is responsible for engaging, nurturing, and supporting volunteers within the affiliate. The position requires belief in the value of volunteerism and enjoyment of working with volunteers. The Volunteer Assistant will work alongside Friday and Saturday volunteer groups, supporting volunteers on the construction sites. The position works closely with staff members and volunteers, ensuring a safe and fun experience for all volunteers within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet volunteers arriving to work with Habitat.
- Orient volunteers to their volunteer assignment.
- Ensure volunteers are encouraged and supported on the work-site.
- Oversee volunteer meals.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced on site.
- Ensure that volunteer sign in sheets and liability waivers are signed and filed.
- Encourage, collect and document volunteer stories of impact.
- Convey gratitude to volunteers.
- Serve as spokesperson for the affiliate when recruiting or engaging volunteer groups/organizations.
- Desires to be a part of something greater than themselves.
- Must be willing to work Fridays and Saturdays.
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Effective leadership and team building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with volunteer coordination or non-profit organizations a plus.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team.
- Displays tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in working with others.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 13th
Position is part-time with hours varying each week – Saturdays required