Muncie Habitat for Humanity is excited to announce that the Critical Home Repair Program is now open for applications. If your home is in need of repair related to health, life, safety issues or code violations you are invited to apply for this program (ex: roofs, furnaces, water heaters, etc.) Applications can be picked up in our office (1923 S Hoyt Ave.) or they can be mailed out by request, by filling out THIS FORM.
For over 35 years, Muncie Habitat has stood in defiance against the cycle of poverty and insisted that decent housing matters for everyone. Through new construction, house rehabilitations, home repairs, and partnerships with residents to improve whole neighborhoods, we have helped many within our community to move from simply coping, to reclaiming hope and a better life for themselves and their families.
- Homeowner within the Muncie city limits
- At or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Home condition in need of repair related to health, life, safety issues or code violation
- Repairs needed are within the financial scope of the program
- Current on the following payments:
- Mortgage (if applicable)
- Property Taxes
- Homeowner’s Insurance (must have insurance)
- Pass Sex Offender Screening
- Commit to both:
- Attend one education class provided by Habitat for Humanity
- Performing four (4) sweat equity volunteer hours with Habitat
- Pay the program fee before the beginning of repairs (more information on the fee structure can be found at the back of the application)