It may feel more natural to declutter after the holidays but when you declutter for the holidays, you can make room for more comfort and joy.
Set the stage and make room for the holidays by donating gently used furniture, appliances, decor and more to ReStore. Your donations help shoppers economically improve their homes at deeply discounted prices. The funds raised are applied to Habitat’s mission to provide safe, affordable housing for local families.
Location & Hours
4640 W. Bethel Avenue
Muncie, IN 47304
Phone: (765) 288-1814
Shop & Donate
Tues. – Sat. 9 AM to 4 PM
If you’d like to donate to the ReStore, you can drop off items on Tuesday through Saturdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Who benefits from ReStore?
The public who shop at ReStore can save up to 75% off retail prices!
Donate new or slightly used building materials and help improve our community while receiving a tax deduction.
- The Community:
Proceeds from ReStore help to build Habitat homes in our community.
- The Earth:
Whether you buy or donate materials, you are reducing the amount of usable building materials going to a landfill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ReStore open to the public?Yes! Our store is open to the public.
How do I donate an item?If you have reusable good or new materials to donate, you can drop off your donation at the store Tuesday through Friday 9 AM to 4 PM.
What kind of items do you accept for donation?
- Appliances: in good working condition
- Architectural Items: columns, mantels, posts
- Cabinets/Countertops: in good condition
- Doors: interior and exterior (no rot or cracks)
- Electrical: residential items only
- Fans: ceiling fans must have mounting hardware
- Flooring: tile, new carpet, wood, laminate (50 sq. ft. minimum)
- Furniture: wood or metal
- Hardware: complete sets, labeled boxes
- Insulation: new, usable quantities
- Lawn & Garden/Landscaping Materials
- Lighting: working, with all parts, residential only
- Lumber: framing, trim, pressure-treated plywood
- Paint/Stains/Wall Coverings: full containers
- Plumbing/Fixtures: sinks, tubs, faucets
- Roofing: new shingles, rolls, gutters
- Vents: floor, ceiling, return air
- Vinyl Siding/ Accessories
- Windows/Screens/Blinds: double pane only
Will you pick items up?Yes! Fill out our pick-up form here to schedule your items to be picked up.
Can I volunteer?Yes! Our store operates on volunteer power. Volunteer opportunities range from stocking shelves, pricing and organizing, to helping with donation pickups. Join our crew for work and fun, while improving our community. For more information on volunteering at ReStore click here.
How can my business get involved?Builders, contractors, businesses and individuals are encouraged to donate usable materials that are left over after construction projects, as well as overstocked or discontinued store items. ReStore provides an alternate and cost-effective means for disposal of items that would normally be thrown in the trash. Also, businesses can help by making financial donations, volunteering or sponsoring an event at ReStore.