OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for engaging, nurturing, and supporting individuals volunteering with the affiliate. The position requires belief in the value of volunteerism and enjoyment of working with volunteers. Volunteers are the lifeblood of the organization. The Volunteer Assistant will work alongside Friday and Saturday volunteer groups, supporting volunteers on the construction sites. The position works closely with all staff members and volunteers to create a positive and productive atmosphere for volunteers. This is a high energy, relationship-based position that requires a genuine passion for Habitat for Humanity’s mission.
The Volunteer Assistant is directly responsible for:
- Greet volunteers arriving to work with Habitat.
- Orient volunteers to their volunteer assignment.
- Ensure volunteers are encouraged and supported on the work-site.
- Oversee volunteer meals.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced on site.
- Ensure that volunteer sign in sheets and liability waivers are signed and filed.
- Encourage, collect and document volunteer ‘stories’ of impact.
- Convey gratitude to volunteers via written thank you cards and social media postings.
- Serve as spokesperson for the affiliate when recruiting or engaging volunteer groups/organizations.
- This position reports to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Desires to be a part of something greater than themselves.
- Must be willing to work Saturdays.
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Effective leadership and team building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with volunteer coordination or non-profit organizations a plus.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team.
- Displays tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in working with others.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th
Position is quarter-time with hours varying each week – Saturdays required