Eileen Molter, our current Resource Development Director, is leaving us to pursue a career in Elementary School Education. She will be missed, and we are now left to find someone to fill her shoes.
If you know anyone with Fundraising, marketing, grant writing, and grants management experience, please direct them to the job description below. We are actively looking to fill the position. We would welcome the opportunity to find someone from within our network of Habitat supporters. To see the Indeed link and apply, click here !
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Resource Development Specialist
Purpose: Plan, lead, coordinate, understand all aspects of fund development along with conducting a highly successful giving program for Greater Muncie Habitat for Humanity (GMHFH). Key responsibilities are to be result driven, mission focused on increasing resources, support, and with a high level of oversight on revenue. Provide leadership and direction for all fundraising initiatives including ‘annual fund’ implementation, major gifts program, (financial and gift in kind), planned giving, grant writing, special events, direct mail, and sponsorships. Continued relationships with current donors, major gift giving, and look to seek new revenue sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the leadership team, work with CEO, Board of Directors and staff to design and implement a comprehensive annual resource development plan that fulfills both short and long-range goals identified in the Strategic Plan
- Oversee, implement, and monitor ‘annual fund’ process. As a part of the ‘annual fund’ implementation, lead and coordinate:
o Fundraising events; includes annual breakfast, donor open houses/events and sponsorship of events
o Direct mail campaign, including annual report, newsletters, e-newsletters, solicitations, etc.
o Development of a toolkit to support fundraising efforts; includes but not limited to promotional brochures, photos, videos, stories, etc.
- Oversee, develop and implement a high-level major gifts program:
o Develop, cultivate, and steward positive relationships with existing and prospective donors, sponsors, and partners; participate in public speaking opportunities to raise community awareness of GMHFH;
o Include CEO in appropriate donor cultivation and stewardship;
o Create individualized solicitation strategies for major donors and prospects, to including opportunities for both outright and planned gifts;
o Develop strategies to meaningfully engage and solicit corporations and foundations.
o Creatively seek new resources to meet the organization’s short and long term needs.
- Research new opportunities/increased funding avenues for affiliate
- Oversee all grant proposals for the affiliate; includes grants submitted to foundations, national and local organizations and businesses as well as individuals
o Provide financial oversight and reporting for all grants awarded to GMHFH
- Develop fundraising policies, practices and procedures
- Coordinate marketing/media/communications/event planning for affiliate including social media, media outlets, event press, etc.
- Supervise and oversee work of Resource Development Specialist and contract grant writer(s).
- Lead Community Engagement Committee
- Have a strong understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities of the organization.
Position Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, public relations, sales or related field
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in not-for-profit fund development including fundraising, grant writing and donor relations. Prefer financial experience overseeing grant writing and reporting.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to self-manage and supervise the work of others
- Strong commitment to work collaboratively with GMHFH staff members, Board of Directors, and community leaders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including speech writing and public speaking.
- Strong financial acumen with proficiency in spreadsheet applications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent active listening skills, and ability to clearly articulate the alignment of organization mission with a donor’s philanthropic intent
- Strong desire to improve living conditions of low-income families in Greater Muncie, Indiana community.
The above job description and statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the incumbent in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Management of Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer