Due to the current circumstances, we have not been able to include our volunteers in our recent builds, and it has been a very different experience for us all. We always say that the volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization and this couldn’t be more evident than it has been in the last several weeks. We are excited to share a few of our new protocols to help keep us all safe, and building hope together again!
In order to keep everyone safe and healthy as we transition back into “business as usual”, some of our T and T crew has volunteered over the past couple weeks to help us test out our new precautions, and work the kinks out of our new volunteer safety procedures. We have really missed our volunteers and are glad to see their smiling faces (well, what we can see around their masks!). These precautions include:
- Masks will be worn on the construction site and at the ReStore. (You can bring your own, or we will have masks available.)
- Construction site volunteers should bring their own gloves if possible.
- Temperatures will be taken and documented upon your arrival to the construction site or ReStore.
- All volunteers will be required to sign the COVID-19 waiver before volunteering.
- Tools and equipment should not be shared between volunteers.
- Habitat tools and equipment will be disinfected at the end of each volunteer shift.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all job sites.
- Bottled water will be available on the construction site.
- Any food items should be individually packaged for lunches.
- Group sizes will be limited and will be strictly enforced. This is so we can continue to socially distance as much as possible and still accomplish our tasks for the day.
Again, we are so excited to see all of our volunteers again, and we appreciate the support you’ve shown us over the past few weeks.