Title: Non-Profit Bookkeeper
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Purpose: The Bookkeeper is responsible for general accounting and reporting for the affiliate & ReStore.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be skilled in QuickBooks
- Follow all financial policies and procedures to ensure strong internal controls are being enforced
- Write checks, balance ledgers and /or reconcile accounts using QuickBooks
- Administer accounts payable, ensuring payments are made in a timely matter
- Administer accounts receivable (i.e. mortgage payments, etc.). Complete monthly amortization journal entries, verifying direct deposits
- Complete bank account reconciliations monthly
- Make bank deposits weekly and calculate tithe to HFHI
- Prepare monthly financial reports for both the affiliate & ReStore
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for departments
- Send financial reports to HFHI annually
- Create reports for restricted and unrestricted fund updates as needed
- Assist with the preparation of cash flow projections and history
- Prepare 1099 forms annually
- Cooperate and assist external auditors with annual audit and tax preparations
- Cross-check QuickBooks deposits with Raiser’s Edge entries monthly
Position Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in finance, accounting, IT or a related field. Will consider equivalent career related work experience.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in a bookkeeping role. Prefer not-for-profit experience.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks
- Ability to self-manage and supervise the work of others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong commitment to work collaboratively
- High level of knowledge and proficiency working with and implementing financial software and computer programs; includes database management systems and spreadsheet applications
- Monday-Friday schedule
The above job description and statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the incumbent in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Management of Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SEND APPLICATIONS TO INFO@MUNCIEHABITAT.ORG