Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Supervises: Support Manager, Staff and volunteers
Purpose: The ReStore Manager is responsible for the operations of the ReStore playing an active role in planning for growth in revenue and lowering operating cost. The Manager Provides leadership along with motivation and managerial oversight to store staff and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the ReStore Team to manage the affiliate’s store program.
- Drive sales, profits and donations of the ReStore to help fund our mission.
- Strong merchandising background for an always changing environment.
- Provide clear direction to staff and volunteers with the help of the Support Manager.
- Help to develop short and long term plans for the ReStore. Includes strategic planning, budget/financial management, marketing, and store events.
- Work to continually improve overall appearances of the facility and maximize efficiencies.
- Establish pricing for all materials to be sold based on pricing guidelines established.
- Ensure that the ReStore is adequately staffed.
- Manage donations, schedule pick-ups so that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Continue to build relationships with donors and vendors along with building our presence in the community to increase donations.
- Open and Close ReStore and monitor daily sales and deposits.
- Manage expenses for annual operating budget.
- Give feedback for staffing needs and performance reviews.
Position Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; or the equivalent career related work experience.
Experience: Three to five years of experience in a management role, operations, merchandising and training associates. Proven leadership skills, communication and the ability to set priorities to a changing environment. Management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Support and communicate the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, train and lead in a team environment
- Strong communication skills written and oral
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexible to consistent changes in merchandise
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to stand most of the day, bend, twist, and squat
- Valid driver’s license. Clean driving record.
- Work schedule includes most Saturdays
The above job description and statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the incumbent in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Management of Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Greater Muncie, Indiana Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Muncie, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Retail management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location